We present this gem of a watch, a high-flying, show-stopping, statement-making—and let's be honest, great looking!—*18-carat White Gold* Rolex GMT-MASTER II, model reference number 116719BLRO with sought-after blue and red bezel (lunette bleue (BL) et rouge (RO), hence the model number's suffix).
What better asset to put your money into than one of the Rolex watches that's not only a (supply-limited) sports model, but also one which displays some highly-sought-after colour (they are always more popular) and combines a discrete precious metal with a condition-protecting ceramic bezel?
The accompanying photos are of the actual item that we have for sale, which was new in 2014, comes with its box and papers, and is in excellent, almost-like-new condition.
The headline feature of the GMT family of models is, of course, the ability to display different time zones, making them eminently suitable for the globetrotter within you. (More prosaically perhaps, a GMT can be useful for someone who has family living abroad: its ability to display the time in a second time zone can make it easier to know when those members might be awake and available to receive a call!)
Some features of this model follow:
• Case: 40mm, 18 ct white gold, cast in Rolex's own exclusive foundry and alloyed with the purest of other valuable metals like silver, copper, platinum and palladium to achieve the right colour
• Dial: Black, with lume-filled** hour markers and hands fashioned from 18 ct gold to prevent tarnishing
• **Highly legible 'Chromalight' display with long-lasting blue luminescence
• 24-Hour bi-directionally-rotatable bezel with ultra-hard 'Cerachrom' ceramic insert
• Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet, supported by a screw-down winding crown complete with a 'Triplock' triple waterproofness system
• Automatic (self-winding) mechanical movement, Rolex's own 3186 calibre. This employs a paramagnetic blue 'Parachrom' hairspring for time-keeping robustness in the face of temperature changes and shocks, and provides a 24-hour-hand complication for displaying a second time zone.
• Magnified date indicator
• Rapid adjustment of the hour hand (independently of the minute hand).
• Instantaneous date-change at midnight
• Approx 48-hour power reserve
• Stop-seconds for precise time setting
• A COSC-beating precision of -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
• Scratch-resistant, ultra-hard gemstone-material (sapphire) crystal
• Waterproof, screw-down winding crown
• Inner rehaut engraved with serial number
FInally, the watch is mounted on an 'Oyster' bracelet, which is the ideal combination of form, function, aesthetics and technology, having been designed to be both reliable and comfortable. This very smart- and modern-looking bracelet is equipped with an 'Oysterlock' folding clasp, which prevents accidental opening, and an 'Easylink' comfort extension link, which is also exclusive to Rolex. This clever system allows the wearer to increase the bracelet length by approximately 5 mm to provide additional comfort when required.
Our Price and Guarantee
At the time of writing (Aug 2018), to buy the current version of this model (with blue dial), the "list" price (Rolex's suggested retail price) is £26,950. But we're offering this very watch, which is in excellent, almost-like-new condition, for the £POA
Furthermore, we will of course guarantee this watch for a full 12 months from the date of your purchase.
To find out more
To learn more about this watch, please don't hesitate to call us (on 0161 831 9649 during normal business hours, Mon-Sat inclusive) or to send us a message now by tapping on the ENQUIRE button below.
But we'd encourage you not just to depend on this website listing, but of course instead to think about visiting our shop in person. There really is no substitute for actually handling a watch, for inspecting it and trying it on 'for style'. So why not call in?
We're located just off St Ann's Square, in the heart of Manchester's city-centre shopping district.
Here, you'll be able to browse typically over a hundred other pre-owned Swiss watches that we have out on display (most of them Rolex), each of which has been selected carefully, based on its condition, from among the many more watches that we see and handle every day.
With that many excellent-condition, pre-owned Swiss watches to choose from, we probably offer you the best chance in the region (and far beyond) of being able to find your next watch, one that's just right for you!
On the subject of the condition of the watches that we sell, it's worth noting that our main focus is on making available to the public only those pre-owned Swiss watches that are in the very best condition, and this particular watch is a fantastic example of that effort. Only the best-condition items (with occasional exceptions for particularly interesting items) are offered to you via our shop and this website. This means we've done most of the legwork for you and that for you, any risks involved in buying pre-owned have been virtually eliminated.
When enquiring about this very special Rolex GMT-MASTER II, please quote its unique stock/item number, which is WSN 924, so we can more easily identify and locate the watch and its details for you. Thank you.
(e. & o. e.)